Tuesday, February 18, 2014

About Communication

1. What do you expect to learn from the podcast project? (List as many as you can.)
  • The podcast project provides us more exposure to Japanese language environment. We can have more opportunities to apply the grammars and vocabularies that we've learned in class to real world activities. We may also do some self learning in Japanese in order to elaborate the content of of podcast,  since what we learn in class is limited. 
  • Due to the fact that our group's podcast project is related to Japanese culture, we can get a flavor of it as we do the project. We will explore some Japanese elements in NYC. Also, we will provide some thoughts and analysis on how Japanese culture localized to American culture and why it changes in those ways.
  • Our group project enables the team members to have opportunities to hang out and have fun.
2.What does "communication" mean to you?
   I didn't realize the importance of communication before I came to the States. As a foreigner in a second language environment, I realize that communication is vital and exists everywhere in my life. It helps me to understand the courses and do group projects with other students. Also, I communicate with other people in daily life to get accustomed to the new living environment. To some extent, a good communication means efficiency to me.

9 comments:

  1. Hello, Gu-san,

    I am looking forward to knowing how Japanese culture localized to American culture from your podcast project.

    Good luck!

    TA_S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, TA san

      As we going through the process of the project, we find it is more difficult to include how Japanese culture localized to American culture than we expected. Since culture is such a big topic and we might only be able to cover a very small part of it. But we will try our best to express it in the video.

      Thank you!

      Sining Gu

      Delete
  2. Hi Gu-san!

    Communication can definitely be taken for granted at times, but I'm glad you see how integral of a role it plays in your life. I'd argue that virtually every society depends on some form of communication,. If that wasn't the case, I can't see how any group of people could establish a functional community amongst themselves.

    Best of luck on your podcast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. トシン san,

      Thanks for your comment. I agree with you that every society depends on some form of communication. I take communication for granted when I speak my native language. The experience here makes me to realize the importance of communication.

      Cannot wait to see your podcast:)

      Sining Gu

      Delete
  3. I agree. I think the podcast will be a great way to learn new aspects of Japanese culture and language. It allows us, or in reality, forces us to engage in the culture. The podcast will also be a fun way to study in a group.

    Communication is probably one of the hardest things to overcome in terms of worldly and personal issues. Kudos to you for breaking the barrier and learning different languages. I'm just learning one. You're technically learning one and brushing up on the other. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melissa san,

      Thanks for your comment! I am glad that you understand the difficulties in learning foreign language. I am now trying to keep a balance between English and Japanese cuz they are all second language to me. Hope I can learn them all well.

      Thanks so much! Good luck on your podcast:)

      Sining Gu

      Delete
  4. こんにちは Melissaさん、

    I agree with you, especially the second point!!!
    English is not my native language, and I am not that kind of person who can adapt to a new environment quickly (I am trying
    I don't know whether I know the importance of communication, but I do know it's so hard to live without communication with others T^T

    On the other hand, I think everyone is born with a language. Everyone is a genius on language :)

    Good luck for your project!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mengyang

      Thanks for your comment. I totally understand your feeling since we are in the same situation. It do takes time to be accustomed to communicate in a second language. Be patient and 頑張りましょう!

      Sining

      Delete
  5. I agree with you that communication is very important in our daily life, and that the project will provide us more exposure to Japanese language and culture. Good luck on everything!

    ReplyDelete